What is Modafinil?
Modafinil or Provigil is a wakefulness-promoting drug. It has been classified as a ‘Eugeroic’, which generally gives you a boost of energy over a period of time. Provigil was first introduced to treat narcolepsy, a condition where a person may fall asleep daytime (When he\she is not supposed to sleep) uncontrollably. It may not seem that serious if you have a desk job at the office, but if you are a truck driver, this could cause a serious accident. In this article, we’ll learn everything we need to know about Modafinil.
How Modafinil Works
There has been extensive research on Modafinil and now we know exactly how it works to promote wakefulness. Before we get there, a little understanding of what Neurotransmitters are and how they work. Neurotransmitters are chemicals that signal the brain of various conditions. They help our brain know what is going on all over the body. For example, if there is a cut, a chemical called prostaglandin flows and lets our brain know that you have a cut. At that time, you start feeling pain and our brain takes the necessary steps to repair the damage.
There are two major types of Neurotransmitters:
As you can see from the names, Exciters prompt our brain into actions while Inhibitors calm our brain down and stop it from acting. Melatonin (A muscle relaxant) is an inhibitor and is responsible for our sleep. To understand how we fall asleep and what goes on in the body during our sleep, you may read the article Sleep Mechanisms.
Modafinil work in 2 steps. First, it metabolizes Melatonin and renders it ineffective. Secondly, it inspires the brain to release Norepinephrine and Dopamine, two other neurotransmitters that are exciters. Norepinephrine is a stress hormone that is generally released in fight or flight situations. When it flows, our brain tells our digestive and respiratory systems to burn some calories fast. The result is a rush of energy. However, too much Norepinephrine is not really good for health. It may cause an anxiety attack. That’s why there is the second chemical, Dopamine. Dopamine is not an exciter per se. It is a reward hormone. A huge amount of Dopamine is released after sex so you understand how satisfying it is. Dopamine tells the brain to relax so that you don’t have an anxiety attack.
The combination of these two neurotransmitters wakes you up but relaxes you at the same time, and the absence of Melatonin won’t let you fall asleep.
Provigil has lots of uses. The main three uses are for:
- Obstructive sleep disorder
- Shift work sleep disorder.
Aside from those mentioned above, Provigil is also used for a variety of reasons. Most of those are off-label use, but Modafinil works. One of the most common use is for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). Although Adderall and Ritalin are more common, Modafinil also seems to work due to the release of Dopamine and Norepinephrine. Additionally, the good thing is Modafinil has fewer side effects and a lower possibility for addiction unlike Adderall, which is a purer form of Amphetamine.
Moreover, people often use Modafinil as a performance enhancer and a ‘smart drug’. That is, Modafinil can improve work performance whether you are an office worker or an athlete. Modafinil gives a calm and collected feeling. At the same time, you are full of energy to execute anything in front of you. Students can use it before major exams. Following are some other professionals who get great value from using Modafinil.
- Professional Athletes
- Long Distance Drivers
- Air Hostesses
- Military Personnel
There are enormous benefits to using Modafinil. Following is a list of just a few of them:
- Removes Fatigue: Are you feeling slow and sluggish as if you don’t want to move today? Take one Modafinil 200mg in the morning and you will get up and get to work in no time. Provigil removes fatigue and makes you active.
- Improves thought process: You can think faster and deeper and make comprehensive decisions as Modafinil can significantly improve your thought process. It is well-known as a ‘Smart Drug’.
- Improves Memory: You can remember better when you are on Modafinil. No wonder so many students use it before and during exams.
- Boosts Self Confidence: If you are the shy type and people run all over you, Provigil may be a solution. It improves your self-confidence and assertiveness. Whether you are at work or on a date, one Provigil can give you the right kind of boost.
- Lasting Energy: You are powerful, confident, in a good mood, and full of energy. Planning for a night out in town? Not only will Modafinil give you energy all day, you can also party all night. And if you get lucky, sex will also be awesome. It is not like ecstasy, but it does its job.
You can find all this information and more if you read the Modafinil FAQ. Find the questions you need answering such as dosages and other stuff. If you can’t find an answer, leave a comment and we’ll answer it as soon as we can. If you are planning to buy Modafinil online, visit the pharmacy.